Omeprazole & Domperidone Capsules – Omeprazole + Domperidone is a combination of medicines. It is an enemy of a drug used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease that does not respond to omeprazole. It provides relief from the side effects of indigestion such as acid reflux and chest pain. The two prescriptions work together, depending on how corrosive the stomach is and the mortality rate in the stomach. Accordingly, it reduces the vomiting stomach contents of the food pipe. Omeprazole + Domperidone (Omevigic-D )is available in the form of tablets, capsules, and injections.
What is Omeprazole Domperidone?
Omeprazole Domperidone Capsule is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Acidic Stomach, Belching And Heavy Bloating, Gas, Heartburn, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Abdominal Pain, and other conditions. Domperidone & Omeprazole Capsule contains Domperidone, and Omeprazole as active ingredients.
Omeprazole Domperidone Capsule works by blocking the production of acid in the stomach; normalising the digestion process; Detailed information related to Omeprazole Domperidone Capsules uses, composition, dosage, side effects, and reviews are listed below.
When should one not use Omeprazole+Domperidone?
- If you are allergic to omeprazole+domperidone
- If you have problems with your heart, liver, or kidney.
- If you suffer from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have problems relating to the bones such as osteoporosis and a fracture.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland.
- If you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
Side effects of Omeprazole+Domperidone
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Injection site reactions
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole works by binding to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone works by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
- Take DOMPERIDONE+OMEPRAZOLE 30-60minutes prior to food. Swallow DOMPERIDONE+OMEPRAZOLE as a whole with a glass of water; do not chew, or break the capsules.
- You are advised to take DOMPERIDONE+OMEPRAZOLE for as long as your doctor has prescribed it for you depending on your medical condition.
- In some cases, you may experience certain common side effects such as dry mouth, stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, and flatulence.
- Most of these side effects do not require medical attention and will resolve gradually over time. You are advised to talk to your doctor if you experience these side effects persistently.
Each hard gelatin capsule contains: