Fusidic Acid 2% Cream –Fusidic acid is used to treat skin infections caused by staphylococcal bacteria. Impetigo, infected cuts and grazes, and infected dermatitis are examples of such diseases. Fusidic acid cream works by stopping the growth of infection-causing bacteria. Sodium fusidate is the salt of fusidic acid which acts similarly. If you have been prescribed ointment, you may see this name listed as an ingredient.
Fujinice® cream and sodium fusidate ointment are antibacterial drugs that usually clear up skin infections rapidly, especially if the disease is localized. If the infection is severe, antibiotic tablets or liquid medicine may be needed.
Uses fusidic acid cream
Some drugs are not suitable for people with specific diseases, and sometimes a medicine can only be administered if extra care is exercised. For these reasons, before you start taking the preparation it is crucial that your doctor or dentist knows:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding (although fusidic acid is not known to be detrimental to a baby)
- If you have ever experienced an adverse reaction to a drug, or to any skin preparation.
How to Put Fusidic acid cream
- Read the manufacturer’s printed information leaflet inside the carton before starting therapy. This will provide you with more information about how to use the brand of cream or ointment, as well as a full list of possible adverse effects.
- Use the medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Apply a small coating of lotion or ointment to the diseased area and rub it in gently. Unless otherwise instructed, use it 3-4 times a day. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after use.
- Use it only for the duration specified by your doctor. A typical course of treatment lasts about seven days. Lotions or ointments should not be used for more than 10 days.
Can fusidic acid cream/ointment cause problems?
Fusidic Acid cream skin treatment can sometimes cause irritation, but it is usually mild and does not irritate. Allergic reactions are uncommon. If you get a severe rash, you should get advice from your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible. If you notice any other symptoms that you think are drug-related, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Serious side effects of Fusidic Acid 2% Cream
- you get a skin rash that may include itchy, red, swollen, blistered or peeling skin.
- you’re wheezing.
- you get tightness in the chest or throat.
- you have trouble breathing or talking.
- your mouth, face, lips, tongue or throat start swelling.